- Basic Info
- » Why participate?
Why participate in the AYPT?
The preparation for and the participation in the AYPT have a lot of advantages, from student's and from teacher's perspective. Some of these advantages will be listed here. You can also read opinions and experiences of (former) participants, teamleaders and jurors to become convinced of the advantages of the AYPT.
- Team Work: The structure of the tournament and of the preparation requires a high amount of team work. The ability to cooperate in an organized way as well as the ability to organize oneself's own work is one of the most important soft-skills which are required by today's economy.
- Knowledge: Of course working with the AYPT problems teaches a lot of scientific knowledge. This, however, is done quite differently than in usual science classes. Due to the more project-oriented and practical work the knowledge will be retained much longer. Furthermore one also learns how to apply the new knowledge.
- Research: Since AYPT problems are formulated in a very open way they offer a perfect way to accomodate oneself with the methods of scientific research. Working on AYPT problems can help in finding a way to deal with completely new questions and tasks.
- Rhetorical Skills: Rhetorical skills are one of the very important aspects of the AYPT. It is important to present the prepared solutions in a convincing and impressive way. Moreover one needs to be spontaneous to be able to react on the reports of others and to prepare an opponence speech and a discussion within very little time. The AYPT offers a possibilty to train how to sell oneself at best.
- Language Skills: Since the official language of the AYPT is English it offers also a great opportunity to train language skills. In particular one learns a lot of technical terms and science English, which is usually not the case in regular classes.
- Qualifying for the International Tournament: The best (Austrian) participants of the AYPT will be nominated for the Austrian National Team and represent Austria in the International Young Physicists' Tournament. Besides the honour, this is an excellent chance to visit another country and to get to know young people from all over the world and possibly to form friendship.
How can I participate?
If the advantages of the AYPT have convinced you and you want to participate you will find information on the
next scheduled AYPT in the section The Tournament.
There you will find the official Invitation
to the AYPT as well as other information.
To make your (first) participation as easy and successful as possible we would also be happy to advise you personally. Write an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use one of the other methods to contact us.
2016-01-03 — AYPT 2016
2015-10-05 — General Assembly 2015
The General Assembly 2015 will take place on November 28, 2015.
2015-07-09 — Problems for 2016
The Problems for 2016 can be found here .