- » Official Tournament Regulations
Here you will find the official AYPT Regulations (Version September 2011) as well as information on the Regulations of the IYPT.
Regulations of the IYPT
The Regulations of the AYPT
The Regulations of the AYPT are established and maintained by the Executive Committee (ECO) of the association "AYPT - Forschungsforum junger Physiker". They are a version of the international regulations, adapted to a smaller number of participants and extended for the points regulating the formation of an Austrian National Team.
Currently there is no online HTML version of the Regulations. You can, however, download a PDF version of the regulations version September 2011. Download: Official AYPT Regulations (Version September 2011)
Due to the complex structure of the tournament the regulations seem to be a little bit complicated at first glimpse.
You can find simpler explanations on the Course of the tournament in
the section basic info.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact us via email@example.com. We are always eager to answer all questions you might have.
Changes of the AYPT Regulations
changes the AYPT Regulations only once per year. These yearly changes are necessary to
keep up with changes in the IYPT Regulations and to perform adaptions due to experiences.
Normally these changes are performed between November and January. That means that after changes have been published in this time period the new version of the Regulations will be in force for the upcoming AYPT in spring.
In case that additional changes would be necessary all participating teams would be informed. We, however, want to make clear that such extraordinary changes would be an exception and usually only one update per year is performed.
Below you will find a short summary of recent changes on the AYPT Regulations (newest first).
Changes September 2011
- Article VII: A new phase "The Opponent summarizes the discussion" was added after the discussion.
- Article IX: All finalist teams hand in a (prioritized) list of problems they wish to present in the Final at a time specified by the Organizing Committee.
Changes December 2006
- Article II: The existing paragraph has been extended to explicitly reference the section of the IYPT Regulations which allows us using the IYPT problems in the AYPT.
- Article VIII: The paragraph specifying the standard devices for presentation has been removed.
- Article IX: Subsection 2 has been changed in a way that it is now also forbidden to challenge a problem which has been rejected before by the Reporter. Subsection 3 has been changed so that teams participating in the final now have to specify the problem they want to present in the final as soon as possible after the announcement of the results of the Selective Fights.
- Article XIII: A rule has been added which specifies that if teams have an equal number of points in the final the team with the higher sum of points from the Selective Fights is the winner.
2012-12-10 — AYPT 2013
2012-08-05 — Problems for 2013
The Problems for 2013 can be found at www.iypt.org/Tournaments/Taipei#Problems .
2011-12-04 — Changes of the regulations
There are some changes in the official regulations !